What do you do when the door shuts behind you?

 ðŸ™ˆðŸ™‰ðŸ™Š

By far my worst experience of this was when I was in Sydney 

By far my worst experience of this was when I was in Sydney Australia staying with a friend who didn't like smoking in her home and even though she was not home and had gone to work, I respected her wishes and went outside to smoke. 

I was in my skimpy short pj's which were more scruffy than sexy, no shoes on my feet, hair unbrushed, and nothing in my hands except for my cigarettes and lighter..


Then the door closed behind me and I realised I had no key, no phone and no money!

And on top of being in my pj's, shoeless, looking unkempt, void of keys, money and phone I came to the added reality of it being Australia in summer and likely to hit mid 30s and I had no water or sunscreen on and noone was coming back for at least the next 7 hours..

and I didn't actually know exactly where my friend worked or the name of the company she worked for but I knew that it was in finance for a company in Sydneys financial district, oh and that her boss was called James Carey on account of us finding it hilarious that he was also known as Jim Carey to us.. 

however not so funny really especially when you are locked out, or something that useful to know really. 

Or so you would think!


But realising that my only option was to walk the 2 miles to the financial district and find a needle in a haystack whilst in my pj's without shoes, or die of sunburn and dehydration with only 2 cigarettes left I made the decision to try my chances of finding her in the square mile of the financial district….


But as it happened the gods were shining on me that day and after walking down one road asking random people whether they happen to know my friend haidee Nolan or someone called James Carey, it turns out that actually someone did know that there was a gut called James Carey who worked at such and such and pointed me in the right direction whilst telling me that he only remembered it because of Jim Carey…


Of course on rocking up to my friends office and asking for her boss in my rather unprofessional attire left my friend shocked and rendered speechless and just continously saying how did you find me, in total disbelief that I had and why I had to. But totally amused by the fact that it was all because of Jim Carey 🤣


 

Comments

  1. And that is why we love Jim Carey, he is known worldwide because he is an awesome actor and has become a universal symbol of funny and good and in your case that was so beneficial 🌺🥰✈️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a witty article

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated both positive and negative feedback are of great value... thanks for taking your time to comment

Popular posts

Innocent or Guilty!

How do you really feel, not how you think you should feel! Know your emotions?

Judging me? No judging you!

Your biggest enemy may be dwelling between your ears!

You will get over the breakup

Liar Liar! Pants on Fire!

Don't fear fear!

Whats one certainty in life we can be sure will always happen and will never change?

The key to having a good relationship! Whatever!

Introduction